¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
- Saturday, May 6: ACE/Aspire Dance Competition
- Monday, May 8: AP Calculus exam
- Tuesday, May 9-12: APIA Spirit Dress week
- Tuesday, May 9: STAAR Algebra I, 6th-8th Math STAAR, AP English Language exam
- Wednesday, May 10: AP Spanish Language, AP Biology exams
- Thursday, May 11: AP World History & AP Physics exams
- Saturday, May 13: APIA Summit
Below is the May calendar! There are many events happening, so please review it.
Message from Principal Hall-Swope
Hello Cavalier Families:
This week, our students in grades 6th-9th have been working hard in their Math classes to prepare for their STAAR exams! I am so proud of all of our students. Remember that their Math STAAR is on Tuesday, May 9th. We need 100% of our students on campus, on time, and with a charged laptop. Remind your child to charge their laptop the night before, get a good night’s sleep, and to use their strategies on their test. I am 100% sure every Brays Oaks student will do incredibly well on these assessments.
Next week is also Teacher Appreciation Week. We will be celebrating teachers on campus, but please feel free to appreciate your child’s teachers as well. We have some of the best educators in our building at Brays Oaks.
Senior Signing Day Permission Slips:
All 8th-11th graders have the opportunity to attend Senior Signing Day on Thursday, May 18th at NRG Stadium, but they must return a signed permission slip. If your student has not had you sign the permission slip, please ask them to! Senior Signing Day is a great YES Prep tradition where all 12th graders announce where they will be going after graduation.
REMINDER: You can find this year's school calendar here.
If you don't follow us on Instagram, please do! We share a lot of information on there. You can find us @ypbraysoaks
Spring Sports have finished for the season!
Student v. Staff games are scheduled for the end of May!
- Monday, 5/15: Student v. Staff Volleyball game (5-7pm)
- Tuesday, 5/16: Student v. Staff Basketball game (5-7pm)
- Wednesday, 5/17: Student Athletics End of Year Banquet (5-7pm)
If you aren't following our Athletics Instagram page, you should!