- Family Notes
¿Español? Haga Clic en "Translate" se encuentra arriba en esta pagina!
- Friday, November 17th- Student Holiday (NO SCHOOL)
- November 20th through November 24th - Fall Break (No School)
- Monday, November 27th- Students Return to School
Message from Principal Hall-Swope
Hello Cavalier Families-
This week, our students took their first round of Common Assessments. These tests are important to assess if students are ready for their end of course exams. Every Cavalier student worked very hard this week, and I’m so proud of them. Teachers will be scoring those exams, and we will send out their results the week of December 4th.
The rest of semester 1 will continue to focus on academic success for all students. We need students here every day and ready to work. Additionally, we are doing a hard reset on uniforms, IDs, and cellphone usage. A few reminders so you can help reinforce these expectations with your students:
- All students must wear a YES Prep shirt, every day. Outwear (sweaters) can only be solid red, blue, black, or white.
- Pajama pants are NOT allowed any day. We will begin calling home and having parents bring a change of pants for your child.
- All students must wear an ID around their neck. With recent incidents at schools involving safety concerns, we need all students to be identified on campus.
- Cell phones are not allowed during class students. Many students are refusing to leave their cell phones in the classroom with going to the restroom. We have seen an increase in cyber bullying and inappropriate messages being sent by students during class time. Please remind your students that during class, the focus is on learning, not on texting or messaging on social media.
I look forward to working with you and your child so that we can reach their true potential. Have a great break and we will see your students at school (on time) on November 27th.
- Principal Hall-Swope -
New Dean of Students
For our 6th and 7th parents, I am pleased to announce our newest Cavalier Leader:
Sa’sha Little, our Lower Deck Dean of Students. Please see below for more information about her. If you would like to reach out to get to know Ms. Little more and the work she will do with our 6th and 7th graders to ensure they are college-ready, please email her.
Help me welcome Ms. Little:
POSSIP PULSE CHECK
Are you happy with your YES Prep Campus? Tell us about your experience! We invite you to check your email or phone for the Possip Survey. The survey will be available starting Thursday, December 7th. It will take less than a minute. In this survey, you will be asked about how to best support your student’s academic journey. If you did not receive the survey, please reach out to your front office team for the link.
¿Estás contento(a) con tu escuela de YES Prep?¡Cuéntanos tu experiencia! Lo invitamos a revisar su correo electrónico o teléfono para la encuesta de Possip. La encuesta estará disponible el jueves 7 de diciembre. Tardará menos de un minuto. En esta encuesta, se le preguntará sobre cómo apoyar mejor el aprendizaje académico de su estudiante. Si no recibió la encuesta, comuníquese con su equipo de recepción para recibir el enlace.
Bus Routes For the 23-24 School Year
- Brays Oaks
- Family Notes